My principal research interests lie in the field of mass spectrometry based proteomics including quantitation and ion mobility. Recent work has involved the quantitation of proteins using SILAC and SRMs to quantify changes in phosphorylation levels in breast cancer cell lines treated with tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Other work includes quantitation of proteins from healthy and diseased saliva and gingival crevicular fluid samples using iTRAQ and visualising the protein protein interactions.
An additional area of interest is high field asymmetric wave ion mobility mass spectrometry (FAIMS) and it's application to large scale proteomics.
- 27) RL Griffiths, AJ Creese, AM Race, J Bunch, HJ Cooper. LESA FAIMS mass spectrometry for the spatial profiling of proteins from tissue. Analytical Chemistry, 2016, Just accepted.
- 26) H Zhao, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Online LC-FAIMS-MS/MS for the Analysis of Phosphorylation in Proteins, Methods in Molecular Biology, 2016, 241-250.
- 25) H Zhao, DL Cunningham, AJ Creese, JK Heath, HJ Cooper. FAIMS and Phosphoproteomics of Fibroblast Growth Factor Signaling: Enhanced Identification of Multiply Phosphorylated PeptidesJournal of Proteome Research, 2015, 5077–5087.
- 24) AF Lopez-Clavijo, CA Duque-Daza, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Electron capture dissociation mass spectrometry of phosphopeptides: Arginine and phosphoserine. International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2015, Just accepted.
- 23) RL Griffiths, A Dexter, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Liquid extraction surface analysis field asymmetric waveform ion mobility spectrometry mass spectrometry for the analysis of dried blood spots. Analyst, 2015, 6879-6885.
- 22) J Sarsby, RL Griffiths, AM Race, J Bunch, EC Randall, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Liquid extraction surface analysis mass spectrometry coupled with field asymmetric waveform ion mobility spectrometry for analysis of intact proteins from biological substrates. Analytical Chemistry, 2015, Just accepted.
- 21) J Spengler, B Lugonja, AJ Ytterberg, RA Zubarev, AJ Creese, MJ Pearson, MM Grant, M Milward, K Lundberg, CD Buckley, A Filer, K Raza, PR Cooper, IL Chapple, D Schell-Toellner. Release of active peptidyl arginine deiminases by neutrophils can explain production of extracellular citrullinated autoantigens in RA synovial fluid. Arthritis and Rheumatology, 2015, Just accepted.
- 20) GN Ulasi, AJ Creese, S Xui Hui, CW Penn, HJ Cooper. Comprehensive mapping of O‐glycosylation in flagellin from Campylobacter jejuni 11168: A multi‐enzyme differential ion mobility mass spectrometry approach. Proteomics, Just Accepted.
- 19) D Kim, PJ Pai, AJ Creese, AW Jones, DH Russell, HJ Cooper. Probing the Electron Capture Dissociation Mass Spectrometry of Phosphopeptides with Traveling Wave Ion Mobility Spectrometry and Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 1004-1013.
- 18) MR Ling, ILC Chapple, AJ Creese, JB Matthews. Effects of C-reactive protein on the neutrophil respiratory burst in vitro. Innate Immunity Just accepted, 2013.
- 17) AJ Creese, J Smart, HJ Cooper. Large-scale analysis of peptide sequence variants: The case for high field asymmetric waveform ion mobility spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Editor's highlight, Page 4836-4843.
- 16) DL Cunningham, AJ Creese, G Auciello, SMM Sweet, T Tatar, JZ Rappoport, MM Grant, JK Heath. Novel Binding Partners and Differentially Regulated Phosphorylation Sites Clarify Eps8 as a Multi-Functional Adaptor. PLOS One, Just Accepted, 2013.
- 15) AJ Creese, NJ Shimwell, KPB Larkins, JK Heath, HJ Cooper. Probing the Complementarity of FAIMS and Strong Cation Exchange Chromatography in Shotgun Proteomics. Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 431-443.
- 14) C Singh, CG Zampronio, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Higher energy collision dissociation (HCD) product ion-triggered electron transfer dissociation (ETD) mass spectrometry for the analysis of N-linked glycoproteins. Journal of Proteome Research, Page 4517–4525.
- 13) AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Separation and identification of isomeric glycopeptides by high field asymmetric waveform ion mobility spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Page 2597-2601.
- 12) S Bennett, M Grant, AJ Creese, F Mangialasche, R Cecchetti, HJ Cooper, P Mecocci, S Aldred. Plasma Levels of Complement 4a Protein are Increased in Alzheimer's Disease. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders, Page 329-334.
- 11) AA Shvartsburg, AJ Creese, RD Smith, HJ Cooper. Separation of a Set of Peptide Sequence Isomers Using Differential Ion Mobility Spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Page 6918-6923.
- 10) RL Edwards, AJ Creese, M Baumert, P Griffiths, J Bunch, HJ Cooper. Hemoglobin variant analysis via direct surface sampling of dried blood spots coupled with high-resolution mass spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Page 2265-2270.
- 9) AJ Creese, MM Grant, ILC Chapple, HJ Cooper. On-line liquid chromatography neutral loss-triggered electron transfer dissociation mass spectrometry for the targeted analysis of citrullinated peptides. Analytical Methods, Page 259-266.
- 8) AA Shvartsburg, AJ Creese, RD Smith, HJ Cooper. Separation of peptide isomers with variant modified sites by high-resolution differential ion mobility spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Page 8327-8334.
- 7) MM Grant, AJ Creese, G Barr, MR Ling, AE Scott, JB Matthews, HR Griffiths, HJ Cooper, ILC Chapple. Proteomic analysis of a noninvasive human model of acute inflammation and its resolution: the twenty-one day gingivitis model. Journal of Proteome Research, Page 4732-4744.
- 6) SMM Sweet, AW Jones, DL Cunningham, JK Heath, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Database search strategies for proteomic data sets generated by electron capture dissociation mass spectrometry. Journal of Proteome Research, Page 5475-5484.
- 5) JP Williams, AJ Creese, DR Roper, BN Green, HJ Cooper. Hot electron capture dissociation distinguishes leucine from isoleucine in a novel hemoglobin variant, Hb Askew, ß54 (D5) Val? Ile. Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Page 1707-1713.
- 4) Y Xuan, AJ Creese, JA Horner, HJ Cooper. High field asymmetric waveform ion mobility spectrometry (FAIMS) coupled with high resolution electron transfer dissociation mass spectrometry for the analysis of isobaric phosphopeptides. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, Page 1963-1969.
- 3) AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. The effect of phosphorylation on the electron capture dissociation of peptide ions. Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Pages 1263-1274.
- 2) AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Liquid chromatography electron capture dissociation tandem mass spectrometry (LC-ECD-MS/MS) versus liquid chromatography collision-induced dissociation tandem mass spectrometry (LC-CID-MS/MS) for the identification of proteins. Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Pages 891-897.
- 1) SMM Sweet, AJ Creese, HJ Cooper. Strategy for the identification of sites of phosphorylation in proteins: neutral loss triggered electron capture dissociation. Analytical Chemistry, Pages 7563-7569.
- 21) ASMS 2015, Oral Presentation
- 20) 4th Symposium on Structural Proteomics, Oral Presentation
- 19) 32nd LBMSDG meeting, Oral Presentation
- 18) BMSS 2013, Oral Presentation
- 17) ASMS 2013, Poster Presentation
- 16) IADR 2013, Oral Presentation
- 15) Midlands Biophysics Network Symposium, Oral Presentation.
- 14) BSPR 2012, Poster Presentation
- 13) ASMS 2012, Poster Presentation
- 12) IADR 2012, Oral Presentation
- 11) ASMS 2011, Poster Presentation
- 10) ASMS 2011, invited speaker at Peptide Fragmentation Workshop
- 9) IADR 2011, Oral/poster Presentation
- 8) ASMS 2010, Poster Presentation
- 7) IADR 2010, Poster Presentation
- 6) BSPR/EBI 2010, Poster Presentation
- 5) BMSS 2010, Oral Presentation
- 4) ASMS 2008, Oral Presentation
- 3) BMSS 2008, Poster Presentation
- 2) EMPW 2008, Poster Presentation
- 1) ASMS 2006, Poster Presentation